Tuesday, January 15, 2013

His Name is Swatch

A few days ago I posted this picture.   A few people immediately recognized him. 

Swatch

His name is Swatch and he spends much of his time at Mood in New York City.  He was very friendly and spent quite a bit of time being pet by my husband while I shopped. 

For those of you that haven’t been there, it is quite an experience.  If you watch Project Runway, it looks pretty much the same as on TV.  I’m sure they have quilting cottons but that’s not what I look for when I’m there.  I like to find some kind of unusual fabric that I can use for a purse of something other than a quilt. With that in mind here is what I purchased.

IMG_5452

IMG_5454

I think the picture on the right is the “right” side of the fabric, but I’m really not positive.

IMG_5461

Believe it or not this fabric is actually black but for the life of me it doesn’t want to photograph black. 

Both of these will eventually be make into a bag of some sort but for now I’ll just enjoy looking at them. 

Thank You Mood!

Enjoy,

Signature

3 comments:

  1. "Make it work, people!"


    I'd love a trip to Mood. Too bad I'd never heard of it when I was in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, very nice Robin. Love them both. And, it came across as black fabric for me. BTW, Swatch is pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails