Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I’m slowly working on the Logo Quilt

This morning started off good.  I managed to tape my enlarged logo to my sliding glass door, center the quilt on top of it and sketch the outline  on to the quilt.

If you look closely, you can see the drawn outline.

IMG_3132

I used this to draw it.

IMG_3133

This is the marking pen that I used. It is supposedly erasable with friction.  I don’t know about that but I do know that the line disappears with heat.  I’ve done quite a bit of testing but here are some words of advice.  After you iron the lines you’d swear they completely disappear, however, if you put it in the freezer the line does come back.  I tried the refrigerator and nothing happened so the “come back” temperature is somewhere colder than my refrigerator but probably slightly warmer than my freezer.  I’ve been told that once you wash the fabric the chemical ink is completely gone and will not come back even if you do put it in the freezer but I haven’t tested that.   Since I live in Southern California and the chances of me ever putting a quilt in the freezer or taking it somewhere that is below freezing is pretty darn slim, I’m not the least bit worried.  So, I’m using the pen and loving it. 

So now I’m ready to fuse the bias tape in place.  This is what I’m using.

IMG_3131

The next step is figuring out how to iron it in place before I sew it.   Here are my options.

IMG_3134IMG_3135

 

 

IMG_3136

After playing with each of the irons, I think the little one will work just fine and will give me more control.  Wish me luck as I tackle the next step.

Enjoy,

Signature

1 comment:

  1. This is so fun, going along while you work and decide.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails