Saturday, March 19, 2011

Celebrating National Quilt Day

Today quilters all over are celebrating National Quilt Day.  It is an annual event celebrated on the third Saturday of every March.   That’s today folks!  What are you planning on doing today?  I plan on spending a good portion of it in my studio, designing, sewing and continuing to quilt one of my UFO’s. 

Remember back here?  I shared a link to a YouTube video showing Jelly Roll Races.  Well several of the gals in my friendship group have been on a roll.  Get it?  Roll as in Jelly Roll!!!!!  LOL!!!!   OK, humor me and at least chuck a little bit at my corniness.  Here are a few pictures that I took the other night. 

IMG_3066

IMG_3067

IMG_3068

IMG_3069

Some of these were made with purchased jelly rolls while others we made by digging in their stash.  I think I’ve figured out how to make a baby quilt using this method.  At least it works in my head.  If I get a chance I’ll play with it today and make sure my math skills are still working. 

Have a great day doing what we love . . . . . Quilting!

Enjoy,

Signature

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder...you are always on top of things like this. I just wished my quilting friends a Happy National Quilt Day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love these...I think this is catching on around blog land!! See what an influence you are!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails