Monday, January 10, 2011

Design Wall Monday–1/10/11

Last week I spent time going through some of my UFO’s to get ready for my guild’s UFO Challenge that starts this week.  In the process I came across this.

New Bed Quilt

It’s a new bed quilt top that is all pieced and ready to go to the quilter.  I try to quilt many of my quilts myself but when they get this big, I give them to my friend Sue to quilt for me.   The only reason I haven’t given it to her is this:

Pillow Shams

4 lonely blocks, waiting to be put together to make 2 pillow shams.  I’ve done this in the past and it works out great.  I make the front of the pillow shams and then give them to Sue to quilt at the same time as the quilt.  So this is what is on my design wall, the 4 blocks.  My plan is to get them sewn together along with a border of some kind and then get everything to Sue so that she can fit it in to her schedule. 

To see what others have on their design wall, head on over to Judy’s Patchwork Times

Enjoy,

Signature

7 comments:

  1. I love what is on your design wall.....love the fabrics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding a forgotten quilt....SCORE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like this quilt and it will look great on your bed when done. Glad you found it. I should make pillow shams like you do. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to make matching quilted pillow shams!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea--quilted pillow shams! I'ts also great to have a friend with a long arm. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love bright and cheery quilts! This is super.
    I'm still quilting that queen size from last spring. Yes they do get too big to do by just a little machine.
    I like the shams idea very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails