Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 – A New Beginning

It’s 2011, I’m up, sitting here watching the Rose Parade, I’ve had my first cup of coffee, my husband is here watching the parade with me, bacon is  cooking, what more can a person ask.   I hope your day is starting off as well as mine. 

I’ve thought a lot about what my goals are for 2011 (I don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions, goals are the best I can do).  I’ve come up with a few and thought I’d share them with you. 

1.  My guilt guild Quilters by the Sea is having a UFO challenge.  We pick 5 UFO’s, list them and turn in our list.  The organizers will then tell us which UFO we are to finish during the following 2 months.  Finish means finished including the label.  I have way more than 5 UFO’s so today I hope to pick which ones to list. 

QBS Logo

2.  Grow my Robin Quilts, inc. business.  I’ve been very fortunate to see my pattern business grow by leaps and bounds in 2010.  It’s now time to take it to the next level.  I’m in the process of deciding whether or not to vend at Spring Market.  I need to decide soon.

robinright

3.  Grow the Two Wacky Women business.  Along with my partner Marilyn, we are continuing to focus on our retreats.   We are thrilled that several of the 2011 retreats are already sold out so it’s time for us to figure out where to go from here. 

Copy of logo1

4.  Have some fun sewing something that isn’t part of the business.   This is a tricky one but I came across this Block of the Month that looks like fun.  Shannon over at Pieceful Kwilter has just posted block 1.   It looks like fun, doable and finishes a nice size.  I think I’ll give it a try.   This is January’s block. 

block 15.   I really do need to get back to my exercise program.  I was doing really well and somehow fell off the wagon.  Time to climb back on.  The Race on the Base in Los Alamitos is in February.  Better dust of the shoes and start training. 

New Running Shoes6.  My Blog.  I’m going to try to do a better job of updating it on a regular  basis.  Maybe not everyday but more often than in 2010. 

Robin Quilts Header

7.  Last but not least, continue to enjoy by family.  I am so blessed.

IMGP1318 The Girls
My husband John and me from a few years ago.   This year we celebrate our 30th.  My granddaughter Emily, my daughter Shelli, and granddaughter Natalia.

What are you hoping to accomplish in 2011?  I’d love to hear from you.

Enjoy,

Signature

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good year ahead! Think I'll declare a few challenges as well. Maybe then I'll meet them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals Robin. I hope you have a wonderful New Year with good health, happiness and time to enjoy and create.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails