Saturday, March 23, 2013

A New Laptop Sleeve–In Process

I recently got a new laptop and realized I don’t have a quilted laptop sleeve for when it travels with me.  So what’s a girl to do………..make one, of course. 

A few years ago I wrote a tutorial and posted it on my blog as well as on my website.  Even if I wrote the pattern I don’t ever remember exactly how I did it so I always follow along with the pattern, even if it is my own.   Why reinvent the wheel if you don’t have to? 

So here’s my original tutorial.  You can find the PDF here

IMG_1778-236x193

I picked out the fabric for my new one.

IMG_5713

Sewed them together.

IMG_5714

It is now all layered, pinned with cute red polka-dot backing.

IMG_5716

I probably won’t get it quilted tonight but hopefully I’ll finish it up tomorrow.

Enjoy,

Signature

1 comment:

  1. I made this computer case a couple of years ago and LOVE it! I've also made it for gifts and the recipients LOVE it! I think that's how I fist started following your blog. I've used this technique for my e-reader case and for a very large quilting ruler case. Thank you, thank you for such an easy, doable pattern that so perfectly fits ANYthing you want to protect!

    ~~Diane Steele~~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails