Thursday, April 18, 2013

What Should I Use It For?

I know I have a ton of fabric in my stash but this bunch has come to the surface.  It’s a set of 8” x 22” green and pink fabrics that I bought years ago.  It was suppose to be for a quilt that was in a book (who knows which book) but it’s been sitting on the self for a very long time.  While looking for some fabric to use for another project I came across this and decided to unwrap it and try to figure out what to do with it. 

IMG_5796

IMG_5797

There are 30 in each fabric group.  I’m thinking about cutting it up into 8” squares, pairing them up and making big half square triangles.  After the half square triangles are made I can play with out to lay them out.  I’m thinking there’s probably a ton of layouts that would work.  Any suggestions?

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

5 comments:

  1. With the good dark/light contrast they'd be beautiful in a zig zag setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking zig zag too, but anything would look awesome in those fabulous fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric and makes for a good contrast. I agree with the others, a zig zag or log cabin, I lean more towards the log cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think making HSTs with it is a great idea! Of course, I've been on a bit of a HST binge lately, so I might be a bit biased. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails