Monday, July 11, 2011

Design Wall Monday–7/11/11

Meet Miss August – My First Calendar Girl

Over the last few day’s I’ve shown you my efforts to take the Garden Girl pattern from Garden Club Quilts by Country Threads, Inc. and turn her in to my own paper pieced version.  My plan (at least until it changes) is to make one mini-quilt each month and dress her appropriately for the month she represents.  So without further delay…….drum roll please………

IMG_3683

Miss Aggie August

She’s going to get a small border of the sunflower fabric then I need to quilt her and find a place to hang her up on the wall.

I think I’m in love. Red heart

To see what others have on their design walls, head on over to Judy’s Patchwork Times to check It out. 

Enjoy,

Signature

19 comments:

  1. What a lovely lady - I can't wait to meet her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Now I want to meet the other Calendar Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. And she looks wonderful. Looking forward to each months girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute. Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. About a year ago one of the quilds I belong to had a block exchange. One of the participants had us making this pattern. Sure was fun to create the dresses and matching hats. Lots of Kaffee Fassett fabrics came in to that project. I like your idea to make one that fit's the theme of that month. Can't wait to see this project moving forward. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is adorable!! Can't wait to see additional months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nifty idea... she's got personality...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I love her wide brimmed hat to give her shade from the hot summer sun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is so cute - and now I have the song "Calendar Girl" stuck in my head - LOL! Oh well I love Neil Sedaka - can't wait to see her friends as the year progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Ms. August with all her sunflowers--perfect for month. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! Looks to be a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job, Robin. Love your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Robin she is just too cute! I can't wait to meet her next friend in August.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cute! I love the fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So nice! I may use a garden girl for a center of a flower quilt I want to make.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails