Saturday, March 15, 2014

World Wide Quilting Day - 2014

Since today is World Wide Quilting Day, I decided to spend a portion of it in my sewing studio.  I recently showed you my version of a Mexican Stars Quilt I made with a white background.  Yesterday I decided to make another on with a very dark background.  I haven’t sewed the curves on this quilt down and neither one of them is quilted yet but so far I like them both. 

 

IMG_6094

I’m sure the look of it will change even more once it’s quilted. 

I haven’t free motion quilted anything in ages so I pulled out a muslin sandwich and attempted a simple feather.  Simple it wasn’t, but not as bad as I thought it would be seeing as it’s been a very, very long time since I free-motioned anything.

IMG_6096

Enjoy,Signature_thumb[1]

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails