Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Embroidery with a Twist

Many years ago while vending at a quilt show in San Francisco I had the pleasure of meeting Leora Raikin and being introduced to African Folklore Embroidery.  Over the years I’ve gotten to know Leora and have developed a love for her embroidery designs and bright, wonderful threads.  This is a  piece that I’ve completed although it still qualifies as a UFO since it needs to be made it into a pillow, wall hanging  or something or other.

IMG_2858

In person the colors are even more vibrant. 

IMG_2854

IMG_2855

If you look closely you can see I also used a few crystal. 

Leora will be speaking at my guild, Quilters by the Sea, tomorrow night  February 10, 2011 and then teaching a workshop on Saturday.  If you live in Southern California and would like to attend, visit the guild website for more information.  

Enjoy,

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails