Monday, December 20, 2010

Mushroom Popcorn

Have you ever heard of it?  Well trust me, it makes the best Carmel Corn. 

My friend Rob makes really great Carmel Corn.   So last year when I read about mushroom popcorn I just had to order some for her and while I was at it I ordered some for me.  Well that was a year ago and I had really kind of forgotten about it.  The other day while poking around in the cupboard, there it was saying “use me”.  So I did.

Here’s the package:

IMG_2422And here it is popped:IMG_2424 But to get a real perspective, here is a kernel next to a quarter. 

IMG_2426Isn’t it huge and gorgeous?

And here’s the finished Carmel Corn using Rob’s Recipe.

IMG_2428There’s lot of recipe’s out there but here’s the one I got from Rob.

Baked Caramel Corn

Ingredients:

6 quarts of popped popcorn

1 cup of butter

2 cups of firmly packed brown sugar

1/2 cup corn syrup, light or dark

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon vanilla

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 250. Oil or spray a large roasting pan with vegetable cooking spray, regular or butter-flavored.  Pour popcorn into the pan.  In a heavy pan, slowly melt butter; stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt.  Bring to a boil , stirring constantly.  Boil without stirring for 5 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda and vanilla.  Gradually pour the syrup over the popcorn, stirring to blend well.  Bake for 1 hour, stirring every ten minutes.  Remove from oven; let cook completely and break apart. 

Just in case you want to order your own Mushroom Popcorn, here’s their website.

IMG_2423

Enjoy,

Signature-82x34

4 comments:

  1. ROBIN....you know how much I love Rob's popcorn, and now it comes in "super size" THANKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would love this....thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After you text me I HAD to have some! I had already used all my huge popcorn, so I had to settle for Orville. It was stillnquite good and there isn't any left. I need to order more mushroom pop though. It really is the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails