Saturday, June 19, 2010

Quilters Run - 2010

The Southern California Quilters Run is going on this weekend and next.  My friends Marilyn, Linda and I decided to spend the day doing just a small portion of the run.  We started out this morning around 10:45 and came dragging back home around 5:30.  We had a great day helping the economy.

 smile_regular

We started out this morning by visiting Quilt Cupboard which is located right around the corner from me.  I’m in there fairly often so I really didn’t expect to buy anything.  WRONG, as I was leaving I saw this and couldn’t resist.

IMG_1698 Next stop, Bear’s Quilt Shop.  Once again I wasn’t planning on buying anything but then I found this fabric.  It’s charcoal grey with red swirls.  It an In the Beginning fabric and was really well priced.  The picture’s not great but in person it’s wonderful.

IMG_1700Moving on down the road we headed to Flying Geese Quilt Shop in Tustin.  This is a shop where I normally can’t resist making purchases.  They have a huge selection of Kaffe, Amy Butler and others.  Believe it or not I didn’t buy a darn thing.  It was sort of like a miracle. 

We then headed north to visit the new location for Quilter’s Garden now in Anaheim.  Although I didn’t buy anything here either, I did snap a picture of their Letty’s Bag display.

IMG_1693

Wait, I did to buy something.  I forgot, I found this great girls soccer fabric in they’re discount room.  40% off, yea.  My granddaughter, Emily is off playing in a tournament in Oregon so maybe I can figure out something to make for her or the coach.

IMG_1695

On the road again, we decide to stop by one of Marilyn’s favorites, Fresh Picked Fabrics.  Although they’re not officially on the run they certainly made us feel welcome.  As you enter you play bingo and based on what number you get determines how much discount you get on your purchases.  Linda hit the jackpot of 50% off.  She quickly became my best friend and graciously purchased two fabrics for me.  Both fabric have a texture to them.  Sort of like a home spun but different.  The red is my favorite but the white is also wonderful and can be dyed. 

IMG_1701

IMG_1702

Around the corner we went to our next stop Calico House.  They have a really nice new location with a wonderful, large class.  I didn’t buy anything but Marilyn found a dog fabric with a Pug on it that she’d been looking for. 

Cozy Cottage was next.  Kris the owner has been a wonderful customer of mine and has sold a gazillion patterns for me.  So today I was able to deliver her latest order and save her the shipping.  While there I picked up nine Halloween fat quarters.  I plan to make another Nine Patch Surprise with them. 

 IMG_1703

Finally we headed to our last stop of the day, Timeless Quilts.  Our friend Sue manages the shop and has her longarm quilting business there.  I didn’t buy anything but I did get a couple of pattern orders so it was a good stop for me. 

That’s it, I’m home now and pooped even though we only went to 8 out of 38 shops on the run.  It was a fun day with friends and shopping for fabric, what more can a person ask for.   

Enjoy,

Signature

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day. Quilt runs are so much fun.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,nice, one of the best read posts so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails