Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Yummiest Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe was given to me by one of my quilting students, Ellen back in 2002.  She says these are the best chocolate chip cookies ever.  She brought me some cookies way back then but it wasn’t until just last week that I got around to making them.  I’d forgotten just how good they were.  They’re not the traditional Toll House cookies we all love, they’re way better. 

I’ve made a few changes but the recipe basically remains the same.  If you have kids, grandkids or you’re just a big kid yourself, give them a try.  I know you’ll agree they are the “Yummiest Chocolate Chip Cookies”. 

Here’s a step by step or go to the end of this post for the complete recipe.

Let’s start by gathering all the ingredients.

ingredients 

3 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 cup butter (2 sticks), 1 1/3 cup sugar, 2/3 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 2 large eggs, 2 oz. shaved milk chocolate bar, 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips.

Now preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter with both sugars until light.

buttersugars 

Beat in the vanilla until the mixture is smooth.

Grate the chocolate bar and add to the mixture.

chocolate chocolatemixer

Beat the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.  Add the chocolate chips and stir to mix thoroughly.

 batter

Drop on to ungreased baking sheets (I used parchment paper) 1 heaping tablespoon at a time.

oven

Bake for about 13 to 14 minutes until golden brown.

cookies

Yummy, yummy!

IMG_0790

IMG_0791

IMG_0792

IMG_0793

IMG_0794

IMG_0795

IMG_0796

IMG_0798

For a printable PDF of “Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies” go to my Robin Quilts Etc. website or click here to go directly to the PDF form.

Enjoy,

Signature

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails