Saturday, December 19, 2009

Another Christmas Quilt

Many, many years ago, I made this little quilt.  It is one of the very first quilts I ever made.  I used a preprinted fusible interfacing for the arcs and then hand appliquéd them in place. 

IMG_0854

As I look at it now (with a critical eye, LOL) I must say, I did a really nice job hand appliquéing.  My stitches are surprisingly small, neat and almost invisible. 

IMG_0855

The quilting???? Well it’s a little sad.

IMG_0856

IMG_0858

I apparently drew different size stars and then sewed on the lines on my sewing machine.  It certainly could use more quilting but you know, it’s kind of fun to see my older work and recognize how far I’ve come.  So, once a year, I’ll get it out and use it as a table topper in my library. 

It’s kind of like your children, you love them all equally even if they’re not perfect. 

Enjoy,

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails