Thursday, April 29, 2010

Making Nine Patches

Last summer I taught a class at a Las Vegas Retreat that my sister and I have been going to for many years.  This year I’ll be teaching again and my sister will also be teaching.  Her project involves doing fun and interesting things with nine patches made out of charm packs or 5” squares. 

She’s making her sample out of black and white blocks (you can see her blocks here).  I told her I would also make a sample but wanted to use something entirely different.  So here’s what I came up with. 

IMG_1477

It’s Rise ‘N Shine by Glenna Hailey and Maywood Studio.  I’ve been wanting to make something out of what I call “40’s” or maybe “50” fabrics.  They remind me of my Mother’s kitchen when I was growing up.  It’s now all cut up in 5” squares and ready to go.

We’re going to be cutting up the nine patches, sewing them back together (I’m waiting for my instructions) and then sashing the blocks with 4 colors that should will weave across the quilt.  Here’s my sashing fabrics.

IMG_1479

I used the polka dot fabric to match the colors.  Pretty cool don’t you think?

I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to show you along the way but I’ll be able to post the completed quilt after July and our trip to Las Vegas. 

Enjoy,

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails