Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Emily’s Pillowcases

My granddaughter, Emily, is going on vacation next week with her girlfriend Sydney and Sydney’s parents.  They are going on a train/bus trip to the Grand Canyon and will be taking their pillows with them.  Monday afternoon I found Emily in my sewing room pulling fabrics to make pillowcases for each of them.  We had the floral fabrics but had to make a run to M&L to get the running fabric. 

As I mentioned in a previous post, Emily was my camera man, director and producer of my how-to video on how to make a pillowcase.  So it was fresh in her mind exactly how to make them.   So, yesterday afternoon she made these three pillowcases.

 Pillow1Pillow2

Pillow3

I tried to get Emily to pose for a picture with her creations but no way would she do it, soooo………….I’ll show you this picture of her.

Em

Not only does she sew and quilt, she’s the Goal Keeper on her soccer club team and high school team, but she also is on the varsity cross country team for her high school.  This was taken last week at a pre-season race.  It wasn’t her best time but she finished 9th out of 80 plus runners.  Not bad for a sewer/quilter.

Have a great day,

Enjoy,

Signature

1 comment:

  1. Wahoo. You go Emily and have a wonderful trip to the Grand Canyon. It is a wonderful place to visit.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails