Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Shelli and Elvis

This may not be quilt related but it’s a very special post for me.

My daughter, Shelli just had a birthday and she turned 42. Now the fact that she’s 42 doesn’t bother me so much but the fact that “I” could have a daughter 42 is just plain shocking. I really don’t feel nearly old enough to have a daughter that old (or young).

As mention in some earlier posts, Shelli is a huge “I Love Lucy” fan and maybe even a bigger “Elvis” fan. So, what better way to celebrate her birthday than by going to dinner at our local Elvis restaurant? The restaurant is actually a Mexican restaurant called Azteca located on historic Main Street in Garden Grove, CA. Check out their web site to see some of the Elvis stuff. You have to see it to believe it. They have more Elvis memorabilia than you can possibly imagine. We had a great time.

Here’s a picture of Shelli with Elvis (notice he’s all dressed up for Cinco de Mayo).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails