Saturday, February 21, 2009

My first 5K walk


My goal is to actually run a 5K. Today I took my first step towards that goal, I walked a 5K at the Race on the Base in Los Alamitos, CA. I didn't embarrass myself and finished with a fairly decent time for walking. Here is my number that I wore. My daughter Shelli took a few pictures that I will get from her tomorrow and post.


My granddaughter, Emily also took part in the race, She's 15 and a cross country runner so she ran the 5K and finished 4th in her age bracket. Not bad since she hasn't been training lately, she's been playing on her High School soccer team as the Keeper (Goalie) which doesn't require much running.
OK, it's time to get back to quilting.
Hugs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails