Friday, February 22, 2008

Disappearing Nine Patch

Disappearing Nine Patch

On Sunday I will be heading up the California coast to Cambria for a quilt retreat that Two Wacky Women is facilitating for Frances Moore. As well as hosting our own retreats we also offer to facilitate retreats for other instructors like Frances.



81 Patch????

The focus of this retreat is to learn and/or improve your machine quilting skills. Most of our work is already completed so I am hoping to have time to sew and maybe finally learn to do a decent job of quilting on my sewing machine. I always say I'm a great piecer, a pretty good designer and a really good teacher, but a machine quilter I'm not. I'll let you know in a week if I can change that last one.



So.......I've been going through the supply list and getting things ready to go. She's asked us to bring 8 small quilt sandwiches, two of which are suppose to be pieced. I have already made a nine patch quilt that is made up of nine patches, does that make it a 81 patch? I needed one more when on one of my yahoogroups list someone posted a link to a blog showing a Disappearing Nine Patch. It was much more interesting then anything else I had come up with so I made one tonight to take to the retreat. Here is the link:
http://blocksnswaps.blogspot.com/2008/02/disappearing-9-patch.html

Now all I have to do is quilt them.


Wish me luck! Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails