Sunday, March 2, 2008

I'm Back! And I'm Machine Quilting!

I'm back from a wonderful quilting retreat in Cambria, California. This retreat was focused on machine quilting with our regular sewing machine. I have quilted a lot of quilts on my HandiQuilter but have only quilted a few things on my good old Pfaff. I was skeptical that I would be able to do anything that would look half way decent. Well I was surprised! I still need lots of practice (as you can see) but I'm determined to keep at it, and with practice I'll do better.




A big thank you to Frances Moore for her patience, she is a great teacher.



So here's my mini quilt show:













Above are my practice samples.







Remember my 81 patch? Here's the quilting.






Here' my disappearing nine patch. It's hard to see the quilting but here is a closeup.



I guess it's still pretty hard to see but there are loopty loops in the stars, stippling in the white and leaves in the border.

I also quilted a charity quilt, but I'll save that for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails