Friday, December 21, 2007

Tamale/Christmas Party



Wednesday night my friendship group "The Wednesday Wacko's" met at my house for our annual Tamale/Christmas Party. This picture was taken at the beginning of the tamale making extravaganza, notice there is very little mess at this point but we've already poured the wine. There are a total of 11 in our friendship group but unfortunately 2 were unable to make it that night. Terri (the one closest and with her back to the camera) is the tamale ring leader and it is her job to try to keep us on track.



Here is a picture of just some of the tamales that were made. In total I think we made over 400. We used 6 pork roasts and I believe 40 pounds of masa. That's a heck of a lot of tamales for each of us to have over the Christmas Holiday and to freeze for later in the year. After making all the tamales, I cooked some so that we could all sample them. They are really, really good!



After sampling the fruits of our labor it was on to our gift exchanges. It is so much fun to see what everyone comes up with, some are home made and some purchased but always they are very special. This year it looks like we have two challenges ahead of us. One is to border and frame the embroidered saying "Kwitchyerbellyakin" and the second it to make something from the really cute "Diva" fabric. Our motto is:

Wacko's Rule!

Oh Wait....we have no rules

Don't you just love our motto? I do and I love my Wacko friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails