Monday, December 3, 2012

Design Wall Monday–December 3, 2012

On Halloween I posted a picture of a quilt made for me by my friend Margie.  At the time I told you that she had suffered a massive stroke and was fighting for her life.  You can read and see the quilt here, it’s gorgeous.  What I didn’t tell you is that my dear Margie lost that fight, Halloween night when her family removed her from life support.  Needless to say November was a very difficult time for all of us in our friendship group.  I can’t begin to tell you have devastated we all are. 

Margie’s daughter asked my friendship group, The Wednesday Wacko’s, to go through and disburse all of her sewing things.  She wanted us to have whatever we wanted and then donate what was left.  Margie, like so many of us, had way too much “stuff” as well as fabric, thread, kits and UFO’s.  Several of us took one of her UFO’s to finish for her.  This is the one that I’m planning on completing. 

IMG_5375I good portion of it is completed and the rest of it is prepped and ready to be hand stitched down.  I don’t have the pattern and I’m sure there are still some things missing from the border.  If you know what pattern this is, please let me know so that I can finish it properly. 

To see what others have on their design wall, head on over to Judy’s Patchwork Times blog.  

Enjoy,

Signature

7 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Robin. Sending hugs your way. Hoping you'll find what you need to finish this...but I bet you could make a guess and it will still be Beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you lost your friend. What a sweet tribute you are all making to finish her work so it can be enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about Margie. But I'm sure she is watching and glad to know you are going to complete her beautiful project. What a special piece to have and to always use to remember her by.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was praying for Margie. So sorry for your loss. Whatever you do with that UFO, I know it will be beautiful. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss. That quilt will help with the healing process, and I mist say that that is one wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very sorry to read about the loss of your friend. I hope while you are working on her quilting project you can remember the fun times you shared together. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails