Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hearts and Hands Quilt

Terri did a wonderful job quilting the Hearts and Hands quilt for our friend Sue.  As I mentioned yesterday, Sue is a dear friend and a member of my friendship group.  Our entire group worked on making blocks putting the quilt together.  After Terri quilted it, I finished it by adding the binding.  I decided to use the Faux Piping technique that you can read about here.  It’s a really slick, easy and fast way of adding the binding and best of all, it looks great. 

Here’s the finished quilt -

IMG_4359

And a close-up of the quilting and binding -

IMG_4360

Don’t you just love the back?  Instead of a label we’re each going to sign one of the houses on the back of the quilt.

IMG_4362

The plan is to give Sue the quilt tomorrow night. 

Enjoy,

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails