Monday, February 27, 2012

Design Wall Monday–February 27, 2012

I just got back from attending a 5 (well really 4) day retreat with Cindy Needham.  The entire time was spent on design and free-motion quilting.  I still have a long way to go but I feel so empowered and I’m no longer afraid to try different designs.  This is my sample as of a couple of days ago but will be hanging on my design wall, as soon as I unpack.

IMG_4396 

It’s a sampler made out of dupioni silk using a wool batting.  Check out my wavy line squares that I quilted in the nine-patch.  My plan is to quilt the heck out of it.  It should be fun. 

IMG_4397

I have another commitment I have to work on today but I can hardly wait to get back to working on my sampler. 

To see what others have on their design walls, click on over to Judy’s Patchwork Times blog

Enjoy,

Signature

3 comments:

  1. I'm envious. Your quilting looks good and I'm sure has been a lot of fun as well. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a wonderful job - just keep practicing! What fun it will be to have that quilt finished on your wall! I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful and inspiring time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails