Monday, August 31, 2015

Design Wall Monday–August 31, 2015

I showed you a tease last week.  It was fabric that I had created a gazillion years ago that I’m pretty sure was meant to be a jacket.  But when I found it I knew immediately it was perfect for a project that I was taking a class for last Saturday. 

Are you ready?????? TA-DA!!!!!!!!!

IMG_6868

Presenting my quilted Market Basket.  Isn’t it just too darn cute??????  I love it!!!!!!

My BFF Marilyn and I went on a row-by-row collecting road trip a little over a week ago.  We headed south from where we live to visit several quilt shops in the northern San Diego area.  At one of the shops Grand Country Quilter we saw a quilted basket and immediately knew we needed to take the class.  There was a bit of homework prior to the class but there was never a doubt that we would head south again to take the class.  The class was only 4 hours but they “guaranteed” us that if we did our homework, we would leave with a completed basket.  And, by golly, we both left with finished baskets and we were both very, very happy. 

Here’s a few other pictures of my basket. 

IMG_6861IMG_6862IMG_6864

If you live in Southern California, check with Grand Country Quilter in San Marcos.  I’m sure they will be offering the class in the future. 

In the mean time, I’m going to see if I can redesign this to work with the market baskets that you can sometimes find at World Market/Cost Plus or even at Wal-Mart. 

To see what others are working on, check out Judy’s Patchwork Times blog

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

1 comment:

  1. That is so gorgeous; you will be turning heads at the market when you stroll in with that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails