Thursday, June 4, 2015

Edyta’s–8 Pointed Star


While up in Big Bear a couple of weeks ago, several of the retreaters were making 8 pointed stars.  I believe most of them were being made for a guild opportunity quilt as well as a being made for their own quilts.  It appeared to be a little fusty for me but after listening to their suggestions on how to make it successfully, I decided to finally take the plunge.   After watching the video several times, taking notes and watching it and pausing while I made my first block, I made my first star.
IMG_6721
Here it is hanging on my design wall.  Pretty good, if I do say so myself.  This one was made with whatever I could grab but I really like how it turned out. 
What did I learn? 
1.  Watch the video and really pay attention.
2.  Take notes as you watch.
3.  Cutting is really important.  Make sure you’re measuring it as exact as you can.
4.  Sew it in the exact order and manner that is shown in the video.
5.  Mark you 1/4” seams.  It will make it so much easier to accurately sew the Y seams and get your points to match. 
If you’d like to give it a try, here’s the link to Edyta Sitar’s YouTube video.


Enjoy,
Signature_thumb[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails