Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Design Wall Wednesday–October 8, 2014

This was suppose to be Design Wall Monday, Tuesday and now finally Wednesday.  Monday morning, very early like 3:00 a.m., I awoke to a terrible case of the YUKS.  At first I thought I had tried to poison my entire family when I cooked Sunday night dinner but luckily no one else got sick, just me.  So what I’m showing you really was up on my design wall on Monday. 

I was recently given the opportunity to create a mini 18” quilt using fabric provided by Windham Fabrics.  I received the surprise fabrics last Wednesday and it was was due back to them in New Jersey today.  Luckily before I got ill I had finished the quilt top and all I had to do was quilt it and add the binding.

So, drum roll please…………

IMG_6326

Here are the fabrics that I received in the mail.

IMG_6325

There were no instructions other than 18 inches.  They sent 10 fabrics (a lot for an 18 inches square) but I managed to use 8 of them on the front which included the binding.  I used 3 fabrics on the back but two were repeats of the front.  In total I used 9 of the provided fabrics with only one left out. 

Here’s a picture of the back.

IMG_6328

If you go to Houston Quilt Market I believe you’ll see it hanging along with other mini-quilts in the Windham booth. 

This was a fun but slightly stressful challenge considering my down time with my little tummy upset but it ended well and is now in FedEx's hands. 

To see what others had on their design walls Monday, check out Judy’s blog

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have a case of the YUCKS. Not fun at all.

    Love your design for your challenge. Beautiful top and over the hill back. Absolutely amazing design that I'm sure will be well received at Quilt Market. Just wish I could attend and take photos. We'll have to find some "spies".

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! And I love the way you used the in-and-out design, just reduced to 9" squares instead of 12", I guess. It looks great, and the back is beautiful, too. I also like the way you put the small round compass patterns in the middle of the center squares on the front - nice!

    And I'm glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails