Monday, August 28, 2017

Design Wall Monday–August 28, 2016

My-oh-my, where has the month gone?  I can’t believe it’s the last week of August already.  Along with working on my Pat Sloan, Grandma’s Kitchen blocks I’ve continued to work on a few other projects. 
My Grammy blocks are growing.  These are on one of my design walls and although they are made, they have not been trimmed yet. 
IMG_7767
I now have a total of 10 blocks made.  I’m not sure how many I’ll make but I’ll slowly continue making them until I decide I have enough. 
The other project on my other design wall is a “A Quartered Stripes” quilt.  These quilts have been around for a very long time but Jenny from Missouri Star Quilts has a very good YouTube video to show how it is done.  You can check it out here
This is just 16 of my blocks.  I already have an additional 16 blocks made (and trimmed) and I still need to cut the last 16 blocks and sew them together.  My finished quilt will have 48 blocks.
IMG_7766
I recently made another one and it’s at the long arm quilter.
IMG_7760
This is such a fun way to use stripes. 
The last little project is luggage tags.  I have a trip coming up with my husband, daughter and the youngest granddaughter to NYC.  I have some very cute New York fabric so I’m going to make us each new luggage tags.  This is the sample I made yesterday.  I think it will work just fine so now it’s time to make the “real thing”. 
IMG_7768IMG_7769
Have a great week everyone and keep on sewing.

Enjoy,
Signature

1 comment:

  1. Your luggage tag is very smart! Where do you get the clear plastic?

    I keep eyeing those stripe-y quilts and thinking I should make one. Your two look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails