Monday, July 17, 2017

Design Wall Monday–July 17, 2017

I returned on Saturday from a wonderful week of sewing with friends in Las Vegas.  We started off Monday morning at 9:00 and finished up Friday afternoon.  On Tuesday I taught my Sassy Scrappy Log Cabin and on Wednesday I shared a couple of small projects.  In between teaching and visiting I managed to work on a couple of things and thought I’d share them this morning.

IMG_7737

This is a cute little table runner that is made using a free pattern of Bonnie Hunters.  Many of the gals were making full sized quilts but I had a few fat quarters that I had picked up either at Walmart or Tuesday morning so decided to make this little cutie.

IMG_3711

On Tuesday I taught my Sassy, Scrappy Log cabin.  This is my sample and here are some of the blocks made by others.  Just like a traditional log cabin, these blocks can be made many different ways.  Here’s just a few.

IMG_3714IMG_3715IMG_3716IMG_3717IMG_3718IMG_3719IMG_3720IMG_3721IMG_3722IMG_3723IMG_3724IMG_3728

There were more but this gives you a pretty good idea. 

One of the small projects was a table runner made using 1 charm pack.  I purchased this winter themed one and made this. 

IMG_3727I really liked how simple this was to make.  I see more of these in my future. 

I also worked on what I thought was going to be a Wedding quilt.  That is until I went to a fabulous quilt shop in Henderson, NV, Quiltique. but more about it later.

Here are some of the blocks that I’ve made.  You’ll see that the top two have been trimmed the others are waiting their turn.

IMG_7742

I’m sure I spent time working on a few other things but that’s enough for now.

Enjoy your week!!!!!

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails