Monday, March 21, 2016

Design Wall Monday–March 21, 2016

My oh my, where has the time gone.  After attending Empty Spools in Pacific Grove, CA a few weeks ago, I came down with the creepy crude.  I don’t know what else to call it.  I thought I was getting a cold but it turned into a 103 F. temperature followed by a cough that just doesn’t want to go away.  Needless to say, not feeling well greatly caused by sewing to suffer.  Finally this weekend I got a little of my mojo back. 

A while back I was talking to a quilter working at a shop in South Carolina.  While waiting for her to finish talking to one of her customers I overheard her talking about a Joy Mangano roll-up makeup bag that she used for her hand sewing.  I was intrigued and chatted with her about it.  She said she got it at Target.  So off to Target I went.  They were sold out of just about everything but they had one large roll-up makeup bag sitting on the shelf.  Well, of course, I bought it and brought it home and continued to stare at it for the last month or so.  I finally decided I needed to partially disassemble it and make my own cover for it. (I know, I know, I just can’t leave anything along.) 

Here is “my” finished bag. 

IMG_7290

Isn’t it cute?  Here’s the before.

IMG_7286IMG_7287

And again the very cute, after.

IMG_7291IMG_7292

I absolutely love it.  I was planning on using it for my travel bathroom/makeup bag but I just don’t know now.  I think it came out too cute to only used a handful of times a year.  Maybe it will become my hand project carry-all instead. 

To see what others are working on, check out Judy’s blog

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Robin,

    I love your case! I bought this same case a couple years ago and love it so much. I use it as my notions case and find I never not have what I need when I attend class or sewing meetups. I was hoping I could ask if there is a way you could explain, even briefly, how you covered it to make it a one of a kind. Several of my friends have copied me about bought this same case, and three of us have the same color. Once we get our items out and set up ironing stations, cutting stations, sometimes in the rush of packing, I have had one person who has picked up and packed my case into their belongings twice now. I have come to tie a red bandana on the handle to designate mine, but to have one in a one-of-a-kind fabric would be fabulous. I hope you would consider describing the process of how you transformed your bag. It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails