Monday, January 5, 2015

Design Wall Monday–1/5/2015

My friendship group the Wednesday Wacko’s is getting ready to kick off our 2015 project.  We are each starting off the year by making one quilt block that will be the inspiration for blocks made throughout the year by the other Wacko’s.  We each decide what we would like, theme, design, size or whatever else, write a brief description, include the block and pass it to the next person in the rotation. 

It took me a while to decide on my theme but finally came up with Wonky Houses with something on the block that represents the month it is made, like a snowman in the yard for January, a heart somewhere for February, a flag somewhere for July.  I started off by making my block represent December, notice the Santa Clause sticking his head out of the chimney.  It is now ready to pass to my friend Pam for her to make a block. 

This should be a fun year, working on one block a month for one of my Wacko friends.

2015 block To see what others are working on and have on their design walls, check out Judy’s Patchwork Times blog.

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

4 comments:

  1. I bet that turns into a super cute quilt with that little theme goin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails