Monday, April 20, 2009

Cupcake Pincushion




At our retreats we give out welcome packages, door prizes, contest prizes, food and other goodies but we don't normally receive gifts. What a surprise that one of our guest, Lori Eckland gave both Marilyn and I these terrific pincushions. She made them using silicone cupcake liners and filling it with walnut shells. There is a really cute button on top. She said the hard part was gluing the pincushion in side the cupcake liner. Her husband came up with the suggestion to use "Gorilla Glue" and she said it worked perfect.
Thank you Lori for such a thoughtful gift. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Mary and I made 60 mini ones for our retreat. You are right, the hard part is getting the glue to stick. I found success with a LOT of hot glue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails