Friday, February 1, 2013

More Favorites from Road to California

Here’s a few more quilts that caught my eye last week at Road to California.

IMG_5490

IMG_5491

 

 

IMG_5492

IMG_5493

 

 

IMG_5494

IMG_5495

 

IMG_5496

IMG_5497

 

 

 

IMG_5498IMG_5499

 

 

Unfortunately the last quilt “Mistaken Identify” didn’t photograph well.  The thing that captured my interest and unfortunately doesn’t show is the dark black/gray background.  It was very unusual, perhaps hand dyed but it was sort of flat, I know that doesn’t make since but it was like it absorbed the light and didn’t reflect it back at all.  I know that doesn’t explain it well, but it really showed of the Sunburst colors.  It was absolutely beautiful in person, you’ll just have to take my word for it. 

If you haven’t been to Road and you get the opportunity I highly recommend you take it.  It’s a wonderful show.  And, yes I already have my hotel reservations for next year and I can hardly wait. 

Enjoy,

Signature

1 comment:

  1. I love the house quilt! And that elephant is amazing! Thanks for sharing these! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails