Slowly but surely I’m making progress on the simple charity quilt that I’ve been trying to finish for a while now.
First I had trouble with skipped stitches while trying to quilt it on my ancient Handiquiter using my Brother PQ1500. I gave up on that and decided to quilt it on the Brother sitting down, you know the old fashioned way. Well low and behold I had issues with skipped stiches again. I’ve changed needles multiple times, cleaned the machine, changed the needle tension, changed the bobbin tension, oiled the machine, changed thread both in the needle and the bobbin, I’ve tried praising the machine (and the quilt) and finally cursed at both of them for while. Nothing has helped.
Finally, I decided to switch to my old Pfaff. It doesn’t have the larger throat opening that’s great for quilting but guess what………..it’s working just fine, using exactly the same thread.
By golly, I’m going to get this darn quilt quilted if it kills me. And the Brother is going to the sewing machine hospital next week, there just has to be something wrong with it. For now, I’m heading back in to my room to continue working on this darn thing.