Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Another Finish

After getting my sewing machine back from the repair shop I finally got around to finishing a quilt top. 

IMG_5808

Here it is all finished including the binding.  I simply quilted in the ditch but instead of using a walking foot I practiced what my friend Frances taught me, I stitched in the ditch using my free motion foot.  It’s surprisingly easy to stitch fairly straight and you don’t have to twist and turn the quilt as you go.  Here’s the back where you can kind of see the quilting.

IMG_5810

Lucy decided to check it out and give it her stamp of approval.  Since this is a charity quilt I decided to sew the binding on using the flange technique. 

IMG_5812

Can you see the red polka dot flange and the striped binding.  I really like the way it turned out and I’m especially glad it’s finished. 

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

2 comments:

  1. Nice Robin. You have been getting a lot accomplished, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that quilt Robin. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails