Thursday, April 25, 2013

Playing with Half Square Triangles

Last week I blogged about a bunch of greens and pinks that had been in my stash for a very long time and I was trying to figure out what to do with them.  (If you’re interested you can read about it here.)  As I went through and ironed each of them I realized some of them are down right ugly but I don’t think it matters with this kind of setting. 

I decided to cut them into 8” squares, pair a pink and green together and make half square triangles.  So far, so good.  Here are some of them thrown up on my design wall.  I have more made and still have some waiting to be sewn together but this at least this gives me an idea of what it will look like. 

IMG_5815

Back to the sewing machine for a little bit, then my husband and I are head out to see the musical “A Chorus Line”.  I think this is the 5th time we’ve seen it.  It’s one of our very favorites. 

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

2 comments:

  1. They look great together like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pink and greens!! Just curious though, starting with 8" squares, what size is your finished HST?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails