Monday, April 22, 2013

Design Wall Monday–April 22, 2013

My design wall is absolutely naked this morning.  After I finished up with adding the borders to my hand quilting project I’ve been busy, but so far nothing has made it back up on the wall.  

So instead I thought I’d show you what I bought yesterday at a local outdoor antique show that is held once a month. 

IMG_5800

IMG_5801

Can you tell?  It’s made from vintage linens.   This is one of those projects that I call “Coulda”.  I could of make it but I didn’t and was happy to have someone else do the sewing.  I first bought a shirt from Kathryn about 15 years ago so I was thrilled to find her again.  Here’s a link to her website California Originals by Kathryn

Head on over to Judy’s Patchwork Times to see what others are working on.

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

4 comments:

  1. About 15 years ago I went to a high-end craft show. One vendor had dresses made from vintage tablecloths. "I can do that," I told myself. That inspired what is now a huge stash of vintage linens. Have I made a dress--or any garment--from them? Nope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, this is the way to go. I have kicked myself several times for not purchasing something like this because I told myself that I could make one of those.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails