Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Phew! 53 Great Granny Square Blocks

I’ve actually completed all of my Great Granny Square Blocks.  49 of them for my quilt stop (7 blocks x 7 blocks, plus sashing and borders) and an addition 4 for 2 pillow shams.  Now it’s time to add the 1” sashing to all the blocks and start working on the borders.

49 GGS Blocks

This was the best picture I could get, I’m just not tall enough to get the entire quilt top laid out on the floor. 

4 GGS Blocks for Shams

I really am loving the blocks and the process.  I am usually easily bored but not with this one.  The change of fabrics on each block has really kept me going. 

Enjoy,

Signature

9 comments:

  1. My husband just got up so some of the blocks have now been move, but you still get the idea. Enjoy, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you doing for a border? They look great! Wonderful fabric choices. Did you use more than the jelly roll?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be one fabulous quilt...all of these granny squares are making me want to do some...(trying so hard to resist).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! 53 blocks, oh, my. I am proud of you for sticking to the goal, your quilt will really be the prize ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Major accomplishment. Beautiful blocks. Congratulations Robin.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! They're so pretty all ;aid out together like that! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! You should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blocks! I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails