Tuesday, August 7, 2012

How Cute Is This? A Great Granny Pincushion!

As you know I’ve been making Great Granny Quilt Blocks.  In fact, I’m up to 10 on my design wall and have 2 more prepped waiting to be sewn together later today.  Here’s my current wall.

IMG_4818

So last night I was very pleased with myself and decided to take a break and sit and watch the Olympics.  Just like a lot of you, I watch with one eye and peruse blogs with the other.  As I’m relaxing and flipping through my “next” on Google Reader I come across Kim’s bitty bits & pieces blog.  And, what do I see????? The cutest little Great Granny Quilt Block Pincushion you’ve ever seen.  I didn’t get up immediately to make one, in fact it probably took me at least 5 whole minutes to decide I couldn’t stand it…….I just had to make one.  So off I went. 

IMG_4817

It’s only 5 inches compared to the 12 inch full sized blocks.  I didn’t have any crushed walnut shells last night so it isn’t stuffed yet but it sure is as cute as can be.  If you’d like to make your own Great Granny Pincushion check out Kim’s tutorial here

Thank you Kim, I love it!

Enjoy,

Signature

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails