Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Homemade Jelly Rolls

I haven’t always been a huge fan of Jelly Rolls but lately I’ve had several projects that are just perfect for using them.  As you’ve seen, if you following along with me, I have been making Great Granny Quilt Blocks using Kaffe Fasset fabrics from a homemade jelly roll.

I am fortunate to live in Southern California and one of our local quilt shops, Flying Geese Fabric, make their own Homemade Jelly Rolls.  I wanted another Kaffe Fasset roll so I begged and pleaded (LOL) and convinced my BFF Marilyn to go with me.  I had to promise her we’d have lunch while we were out so she finally agreed to go. 

I think we both caved in and bought three jelly rolls each. 

IMG_4828

My Kaffe Fasset Homemade Jelly Roll

IMG_4829

A polka dot Homemade Jelly Roll.

IMG_4831

Last but not least a 30’s Homemade Jelly Roll.

I’m not a big fan of 30’s but it should make a really cute baby quilt (or little great granny blocksRolling on the floor laughing) so I figured it was a good thing to have. 

BTW, Marilyn and I found a (new to u)  Mexican restaurant and enjoyed a really nice lunch in a nice “air conditioned” place. 

Enjoy,

Signature

5 comments:

  1. The idea of a Kaffe Fassett jelly roll is delicious! I went from Google Reader to here, and then of course off to look at the Granny Squares in the earlier post -- and they look great in Kaffe! Glad that you were able to get out, and found some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we bought the same 3 jelly rolls and don't forget, we found a good cool and dark restaurant. Felt so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you were able to get the Polka Dot jelly roll. I felt kind of bad about buying the only one when we went there - of course not bad enough to not buy it. Love the Kaffe one also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade jelly rolls, YUM! They're delicious!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, I really like all three and may have picked the same ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails