Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Great Granny Blocks–I may be late to the party but I’m partying now!!!!!!

As I wonder through Blogland I keep seeing all these wonderful Great Granny Blocks.  What took me so long?????  They are so cute and easy to make I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to join in. 

This morning I decided to make today a play day and just have fun and sew in my sewing studio.  And boy did I have fun.  I piddled around for a while but finally decided the time had come to make a Great Granny Block.  I had some strips of Kaffe Fasset fabric left over from some other project so I decided why not make a single block (just to see what it would look like).  Instead of the usual white background I decided to use a light gray solid that I had in my stash.  Well, as you can imagine, I couldn’t stop at just one so I made two and here they are.

IMG_4799

IMG_4801

I’ve decided to use red in the center of each of my blocks.  For now I have to stop and do some other things but I will definitely be making more tomorrow.  

If you’d like to join along, here is a link to the basic instructions Bee In My Bonnet blog

Enjoy,

Signature

7 comments:

  1. They are addictive, aren't they? I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to ignore. But, yours are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great fabrics! It's so easy to make more than you first plan to...watch out!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty color choices- I am afraid I am going to have to start some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you jumped into the frenzy with the rest of us! Your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a quilter, just a "sewer" but seeing how lovely and simple? these look, I might finally dive in! Love your site and have made at least 20 pillow cases for all ages of friends and family. Your enthusiasm for creating things is contagious...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how they look. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails