As I mentioned on my New Year’s day post, my guild Quilters by the Sea is having a UFO challenge this year. Next week we have to turn in a list of 5 UFO’s numbered 1 through 5. A number will be picked and the UFO that is assigned to that number is what you will work on. We will have two months to complete it, finished all the way including a label. As I understand it, there will even be prizes.
My problem is I have lots, and I mean lots of UFO’s. I started going through them and came up with these. Trust me I have way more than this but I’m going to pick my 5 from these.
- A mystery quilt from years ago. It’s quilted but need binding and then need to be given away. I don’t like it.
- A simple rails quilt that was made as a sample to help sell the fabric, the fabric sold but I still need to bind it. This one will be given to charity.
- Nine patch surprise Halloween quilt that was designed by my sister Melinda. I bought glow in the dark thread to quilt it. Guess I better find the thread, quilt it and bind it. I love Halloween so this one I will probably keep.
- A Wacky Devine Nine that I stated about 1 1/2 years ago. It need a border, quilting, binding and then it will be ready to donate.
- Sort of a disappearing nine patch. This is a charity quilt that needs to be quilted, bound and given away.
- This is so old, I have no idea how old. It was an on-line exchange of 25 - 2 1/2” squares. I started sewing them together way back when. I still have some that need to be sewn but at this point, I’m just going to start sewing some of the 25 patch blocks together, quilt it, bind it and give it to charity.
- This is almost new, LOL, it’s from a 2010 exchange of red and turquoise D9P blocks. As you can see I already have border fabric and binding fabric all ready to go. I just need to decide on a layout, sew it together, quilt it, bind it and decide what to do with it.
- A very old cat wall hanging. It was quilted at a machine quilting retreat but it need more quilting in the border so it lays flat. After that, bind, label and hang on the wall.
- Another one that’s too old for me to remember when it was started but it’s a Stack and Whack from Bethany Reynolds book. I’m not sure what needs to be done but clearly something needs to happen to this ancient project.
- A mystery quilt from a guild retreat, way back when. The top is finished but it needs to be completed and probably donated.
- Another Simple Rails quilt. This was meant to be a picnic quilt for me, although I’m not sure if I’ve ever been on a picnic. Anyway it needs the usual, quilting, binding and label.
- A log cabin wall hanging made at a Mary Ellen Hopkins retreat several years ago. I really like this one but it needs to be finished and out of the UFO stack.
- OK this is bad. I took these pictures just a few days ago and I still don’t remember what this quilt is but it’s obviously old and needs to be completed then donated.
I wish this was all of them, but it’s not. I’ll pick 5 of them for the guild challenge and then challenge myself to finish some of the others.
Here’s hoping you don’t have the same problem.