Sunday, January 2, 2011

First Finish of 2011

While at Houston Quilt Mart, I fell in love with the cotton laminate by Tula Pink for Free Spirit.  Marilyn and I decided to order one bolt each of two of the laminates and one bolt of a cotton coordinate.  The cotton coordinate came right away as I waited patiently for the laminates to arrive.  Finally right in the middle of the holidays they arrived.

IMG_2471 
And there it sat, propped up in the corner, taunting me.  Finally I started working with it earlier this week.  You can read about it here.   I actually started assembling a Letty’s Bag New Years Eve and completed it yesterday.   All I can say it is the cutest thing EVER!  I just love it. 

Tula Pink Lettys BagI changed a few things from the original pattern.  Since I always carry my cell phone plus a small camera, I added a second cell phone pocket on the inside to accommodate my camera. 

Tula Pink Letty InsideI also decided to make it a little smaller than the original.  I’ve put together my notes on the changes I made so if you own a Letty’s Bag pattern and would like a copy of my notes, just sent me an email and I’ll send you a PDF with the changes.   

There were a few challenges sewing on the laminate but not all that difficult.  I’ll post about my experience and my recommendations later this week. 

I had some scraps left over so what to do with them?  Well, make a Click-It bag, of course.  

Tula Pink Click it Bag It’s not very big and will tuck inside the Letty’s Bag nicely. 

So the big question you may have, is where do you buy this gorgeous fabric.   Well, Two Wacky Women has it for sale, although we have a limited quantity.   It retails for $19.00 US per yard and it’s 60” wide for the laminate.  The coordinated cotton retails for $9.00 US per yard and is 44” wide.  You won’t find it on our website but all you have to do is send an email to either me or Marilyn and we can calculate the cost, invoice you through PayPal and ship it off to you. 

Enjoy,

Signature

3 comments:

  1. Your bags are just awesome and that fabric and laminate are as well....thanks for introducting me to the laminate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!!!!! I'm thinking Mothers Day Gift for my girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails