Monday, January 17, 2011

Design Wall Monday–1/17/11

My design wall hasn’t changed since last Friday when I put this on it.

 

IMG_2677

It’s my Nine Patch Surprise – Halloween quilt that is the UFO I’m working on for my guild challenge.  I’m hoping to get it sandwiched and ready to start quilting later today.

In the mean time, I’ve been trying to get ready for classes at Road to California later this week.  So far I’ve been cutting, cutting and cutting some more to be ready for Bonnie Hunter’s, Texas Braid class.  I’ve decided to us a fat quarter tower of Moda’s, Central Park by Kate Spade as the dark side and a variety of WOW and slightly off whites for the light side.  Bonnie uses red for the anchoring square I’ve using a very dark brown.  Check it out.

IMG_2674 IMG_2675 IMG_2676

Today I need to work on pulling together my fabrics and supplies for a two day Mary Lou Weidman class.  This is a way more difficult for me, trying to figure out what to take. 

To see what others are up to on this “Design Wall Monday”, head on over to Judy’s Patchwork Times Blog

Enjoy,

Signature

9 comments:

  1. After Bonnie works with you, she is coming to Louisiana to treat us to the Texas Braid class. I have all my fabrics cut and in a bin ready for the 29th. I am really interested in seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you aren't using white, but off white. Ahhhh. Need help pinning that quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think I would ever tire of that design wall...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is so adorable. I will be honest, I don't like precutting all that fabric. That is probably why I don't take many classes, :). Have fun, I am sure you will have spectacluar results!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm taking Mary Lou Wiedman's self portrait class. If you're taking that one, too, I'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What class of Mary Lou's are you taking?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very exciting that you are going to the show and taking some classes! Look forward to reading your reports about this adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails