Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sort of Quilt Related

Yesterday I was able to lecture and teach at Desert Winds Quilt Guild in Hesperia, CA.  They were a delightful group of women and made me feel right at home. 

The lecture was in the morning followed by a four hour workshop in the afternoon.  “Wacky Devine Nine” was the project they worked on.  There were 16 in the workshop and they all got all their blocks made.  Some of them even got them trimmed so that they are ready to assemble their tops.  A special thank you to Pris and Donna for taking such good care of me.

Whenever I have an opportunity like this, I spend part of my earnings to buy myself something special.  It’s always something that I normally wouldn’t purchase, so it’s kind of a splurge.

Here is what I bought myself.

First………

IMG_1267

 

Are these not the cutest shoes you’ve ever seen?  I just love them and they’re even comfortable. 

Second………

I have wanted these for ever.  I originally saw them on Paula Dean’s cooking show.  I googled pewter measuring cups and found them many, many years ago.  Since then, I would periodically go look at the website and literally drool.  Now I realize I don’t need anything this fancy but I sure wanted them.  I finally decided I deserve them and they definitely fit my criteria of buying something special for myself that I would never in a gazillion years buy if it wasn’t for bring in extra bucks from lecturing. 

Here they are……my all time favorite splurge.

IMG_1271

IMG_1272

IMG_1273

I am over the top trilled. smile_regular

Enjoy,

Signature

9 comments:

  1. the measuring cups are a wonderful splurge! LOve 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the details on the handles! These are almost too gorgeous to use :)

    Enjoy them!
    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - where did you get the shoes. I can't wait to come see you and use the measuring spoons/cups to make something delicious like donut muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot, I don't know which I like better, but they both are so special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post. And I've fallen in love with your shoes. Do you remember where you found them/brand name?

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so where can I get the shoes and the measuring spoons. If you come to Georgia I'll take you to Paula's restaurant .oh my...goood.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. TOO CUTE - shoes.
    TOO PRETTY - spoons.
    Well deserved on both counts!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails