Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Changing of the Guard

Well, maybe not exactly the guard but it is the quilt that usually hangs in my entry way.  The wall it hangs on is really, really tall so it takes a fairly large quilt to fill up part of the space.

Remember this one?

Almost Twilight

It was originally called Almost Twilight but I’ve since renamed it Twilight Serenade.  The design originally appeared in Quiltmaker Magazine back in 1989.  It’s undergone a few changes over the years. 

I first made it many years ago while attending a Mary Ellen Hopkins seminar with my sister Melinda in Wisconsin.  It wasn’t a Mary Ellen design but a mystery quilt kit my sister and I each purchased on our drive to the seminar.  Melinda and I each made one that year. 

I now use the design to teach a workshop and in fact will be teaching it next month at Pass Patcher Quilt Guild in Beaumont, CA.  The workshop is on April 22, 2010 but I’m lecturing on April 21, 2010.  If your interested and live in the Southern California area you can contact me and I’ll send you the guild contact information.

OK……so back to “Changing of the Guard.  Since Twilight Serenade is on it’s way to Beaumont, CA, I put up another larger quilt.  This one I call my “Robin Quilt”. 

IMG_1305

This was a round robin completed many years ago.  I appliquéd the center and then sent it on it’s way,  It went to several states and even made it as far away as Israel.  After almost a year it made it’s way back to me.  Here’s a close-up of the center and showcases the marvelous quilting Melinda did.

IMG_1307

Did I mention that Melinda is a top notch long arm quilter and specializes in customer quilting.  If you visit her blog, she regularly showcases customer quilts she has quilted on her Gammill longarm.

Enjoy,

Signature

3 comments:

  1. You are the sweetest sister ever. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin...
    beautiful quilts!


    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts! Love your Robin Quilt~ perfect for spring time. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails