Monday, March 15, 2010

Chapter 5 – Let the Testing Begin

Way back on February 4th I posted Chapter 1 of my quilt making/pattern writing process.  You can read about the beginning here.  I followed that with Chapter 2, Chapter 3, and Chapter 4 until now and I’m finally posting Chapter 5. 

The easy part for me is the initial idea followed by making 1 or 2 quilts.  The much slower part is actually putting the pattern to paper (or in this case, computer).  The writing can be slow at times and the graphics sometimes slow me up but I’ve now made it through and the pattern is ready for testing.

fivetentwentyfront

I am very fortunate to have three people that will be reading and testing the pattern for me. 

  • Melinda – You know her as my lovely sister in Marietta, Georgia.  I Blog about her all the time and she teaches many of my patterns.
  • Marilyn – The other half of Two Wacky Women.  Marilyn has already made the “10” from the pattern so she will be reading and looking for grammar/typo errors.
  • Linda C. – Sorry Linda doesn’t have a Blog.  She is a member of my friendship group “The Wednesday Wacko’s”.  Linda is a prolific quilter and has tested patterns for me in the past.  She is a former school teachers so she is the perfect pattern tester for me.

So stay tuned.  Hopefully the pattern will be ready to send to the printer in the very near future and I will then be able to announce it’s availability right here in Chapter 6.

In the mean time,

Enjoy!

Signature

3 comments:

  1. congrats on your pattern, let me know if you need another tester. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Robyn - will you be doing a pdf for it for download ;0))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fun pattern...can't wait to try it myself

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails