Sunday, May 20, 2018

Day of the Dead - Día de Muertos–Progress Report–5/20/18

She’s almost ready for all the top stitching that will hold her all together. I lot of progress has been made, pieces are glued down and she now has a name.  With the help of my daughter Shelli, she is now named Gertie!  My grandmother on my dad’s side was a little Mexican women named Gertrudis Gutierrez Ceniceros.  So when Shelli suggested Gertrude, Gertie seemed just right.

Still a work in progress but she’s getting close. 

IMG_0416

The neck was a struggle for me but when I came up with this, it seemed to be just right.  The donkey and parrot pinata’s where calling to me asking that they get to join in for the Día de Muertos celebration so they are joining the party. 

I’m not sure I will have time to start the scribbley top stitching today but if not, there is always tomorrow. 

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails