Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Ear Bud Round Case

I made one of these for my daughter, Shelli, many years ago and I of course had completely forgotten about it. But sure enough she uses it all the time to control and keep track of her ear buds in her purse, backpack or wherever.

She likes to make little handmade gifts for her co-workers so this year she wanted to make these. I showed her how to make one, and turned her loose in my sewing room. As she reminded me, picking out the fabric takes way more time than actually making the Ear Bud Round. This is a quick and simple project that requires very little sewing skills.

Shelli

These are the ones she made for some of her co-workers.  Aren’t they cute?

I decided as long as I was showing her how to make them I might as well make a little tutorial in case anyone else would like to make some.  I’ve posted the tutorial over on my website and I’ll add a link to it on the blog.  Look over there ----> lot’s of free tutorials.

The hardest thing about these little cuties is picking out the fabric.  The rest is easy peasy. 

If you live near me and are a friend of mine, my daughter or for that matter my granddaughter's, you are more than welcome to come on over to the house and like Shelli spend as much time as you need to pick out some fabrics.  I’ll help you sew it so that you too can be the proud owner of a Ear Bud Round thingy. 

Here’s mine, complete with my ear buds poking out.

IMG_0184

You could use the same idea to make very cute coasters.  I’d probably make the circle larger, maybe 4” or 4 1/2” but the process would be identical. 

Here’s the direct link to the tutorial.  Click here

Have a great 2018…………………………….

Enjoy,

Signature

1 comment:

  1. So cute and useful! Thanks for the tutorial. I'm off to browse all your patterns and tutes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails