Monday, June 12, 2017

Design Wall Monday–June 12, 2017

I seem to be busy but for whatever reason I haven’t been busy sewing.  That being said I’ve managed to do a few things.  Just a few minutes ago I saw a very simple pattern for making an eyeglass case.  I just switched back to contacts (from my regular glasses) so of course I had to buy a pair of cute, cheap sunglasses but they came without a case.  So this was perfect.

IMG_7708

As long as I had the camera out I thought I’d share a few more Edyta Sitar 8 pointed stars.

IMG_7709

The purple one was made by someone in one of my friendship groups.  She had some problems with the assembly but I took it apart and redid it.  It looks fine now.  The other two I made from some scraps that were laying around.  The pink/red one has a few issues.  It had been a while since I’d made one but by the time I made the blue one I was getting much better.  I think I have about 15 of them now but I’d like a bed size quilt so I’ll just keep making them as I come across two fabrics that work well together.  I think I need a few with a print instead of one of the solids. 

This week is our Orange Grove Quilt Guild meeting and Bonnie Hunter is the guest speaker.  I have a few quilts that I’ve made using her patterns so I have them out for Show and Tell.  I’ll post pictures before I put the quilts away again.

Enjoy,

Signature

1 comment:

  1. Cute sunglasses, and the perfect fabric for their case! Your stars look fabulous, too. Those are some nice, crisp points :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails